Access to the latest Korean startup news and startup database for free
#Weekly Funding Overview[June. 27~ July. 1]
The total funds raised by Korean startups of this week is KRW 364.95 billion.
|fanagement||Globalfancommerce||1.2 billion||Main Street Investment|
|RAFIQ Cosmetics||Beauty||4 billion||Series A||Quantum Ventures, Hana Ventures, Enlight Ventures|
|Monolabs||Digitalhealthcare||12.5 billion||Series B||Main Street Investment, Chungho Nice, CTK Investment, HMG|
|Scalar data||Electronic car charging||-||T Investment|
|mayoube||Kids platform||-||Pre-Series A||Xntree Ventures, Pusan National University Technology Holdings, Busan united holdings|
|Future Conncet||Smartfarm||5.4 billion||Pre-Series A||KB Investment, Hana Ventures, Hyundai Motor Zero One, IP Ventures|
|Jennerbio||-||Seed||Korea Social Investment Foundation|
|Tosslab||Collaboration tool||1.5 billion||Hancom Inc|
|Zigbang||Prophtech||100 billion||KDB Development Bank, IMM Investment, Hana Financial Investment|
|uh2sa||Ecommerce||-||primer sazze patners|
|The Vplanet||online marketing||-||Bluepointpartners|
|Togle Labs||Shopingmall soultion||-||Pre-Series A||KIBO, Hana Bank, Strong Ventures|
|Freed group||Smart commerce||18.7 billion||Series B||ACA Investment, HKSTP CVF, SOSV, Musketeer Capital, Chinachem group,|
|Teamfresh||Logistics||160 billion||Series D||Murex Partners, Daol Investment, IP Ventures, Woori Bank, KT, Stick Investment, Daol Private Equity, KDB Development Bank|
|Gibillions||Premium dental product||-||Seed||Spark Labs, One Billion Partners, 1004 Partners|
|link12||Education||850 million||Pre-Series A||Angels|
|Dayworkplus||Geekworker payment||-||Pre-Series A||Digital trust partners|
|Nangman store||Foodtech||-||Seed||Spring Camp|
|Meissa||Contech||5.5 billion||Series B|
|Bzznbyd||Youtube searching engine||2.5 billion||Series A||JYP Entertainment, KDB Development Bank, Korea Venture Investment|
|Enoughu||Baby care platform||-||Seed||Postech holdings, Korea Univesity Technology Holdings|
|SYMhealthcare||Digital therapeutics||300 million||AI Angel Club, Korea Venture Investment|
|AMP||Kpop||-||Hexagon Investment Consulting|
|Gengen ai||AI||-||Seed||NAVER D2SF, Schmidt, DSC Investment|
|SqueezeBits||AI||-||Seed||NAVER D2SF, POSTECH HOLDINGS|
|Photowidz||Mobilelife service||3.5 billion||Series A||SM Entertainment Group, A-Ventures|
|Kost||MICE||-||Pre-Series A||NBH Capital|
|Buffitseoul||Fitness||3.1 billion||Critventures, BA Partners, Bokwang Ventures capital|
|Uju-munbanggu||Content||600 million||Seed||Mark & Company, Laguna Investment|
|Team Monolith||Coding School||-||Seed||Mashup Angels|
|Marketboro||Foodtech||40.3 billion||CJ Freshway|
- Team Fresh secured an investment of KRW 160 billion with a corporate value of KRW 500 billion. It provides a comprehensive cold chain platform, including early morning delivery, freight forwarding, and food supply. It is expected to generate KRW 250 billion in sales this year.
- Zigbang received an investment of KRW 100 billion with a corporate value of KRW 2.5 trillion before listing. It plans to increase investment in new business fields such as Smart Home Vision, which was introduced through acquiring the virtual office platform Soma and Samsung SDS IoT.
- Marketboro raised KRW 40.3 billion from CJ Freshway as a food distribution SaaS. It will establish a joint data management system and develop food distribution solutions by integrating CJ Freshway’s products, logistics, and manufacturing infrastructure.
15 most-funded Korean startups in the first half of 2022
As the environment for domestic and international startup investment markets has deteriorated this year, investment has been declining every month. The amount invested in May decreased by 48% from the same month last year. Despite a minor improvement in June, the overall investment (excluding crypto investments) stayed at KRW 800 billion and failed to exceed KRW 1 trillion. Even with the worsening investment environment, some businesses are still managing to secure large-scale funds. Below are the top 15 businesses that attracted the greatest investment in the first half of the year.
- Bucket Place = Established in 2013, it operates OHouse, an interior and furniture platform. It has become a unicorn with a corporate value of KRW 2 trillion. It is targeting the global market to become a lifestyle super app.
- Socar = Founded in 2011, it announced plans to leap from vehicle sharing to a “streaming mobility” platform that organically connects all means of transportation, including automobiles and electric bicycles. It is set to be listed this year.
- Qraft Technologies = It is an AI fintech startup that provides AI asset management solutions to securities firms and financial firms based on its own deep learning algorithm. It received direct investment from Softbank Group.
- Green Labs = It is an agriculture tech startup that has so far raised KRW 210 billion. It promotes digital transformation in the agricultural sector and participates in the entire process from crop production to distribution.
- Team Fresh = It is a cold chain logistics company established in 2018 that provides early morning delivery logistics, food material distribution, and vehicle arrangement. Sales reached KRW 100 billion in the first half of 2022 alone.
- RIDI = Established in 2008, it is the e-book service Ridi Books operator and the first e-book company to become a unicorn. It has expanded into the webtoon business and engaged in a number of content businesses.
- Megazone Cloud= It is a cloud service that was spun off from Megazone in 2018, and the first unicorn in the sector.
- SEMIFIVE = It is a semiconductor design company established in 2018. Together with Samsung Electronics Foundry, it created an automated design platform. It established a business model that significantly reduced the development period and cost.
- Parking Cloud = It is the operator of iParking, an AI-powered, unmanned parking control system. It is expanding its area into the second-generation parking business that acts as a mobility hub.
- KlickBrands = It is an e-commerce aggregator that acquires the brand and supports its growth. It established a strategic partnership with UNA Brands to aid the overseas expansion of Korean brands.
- VA Corporation = It is a content startup that builds a full value chain for producing metaverse content. It joined the ranks of unicorns.
- Bear Robotics = It is a self-driving robot company founded in 2017 and based in the United States. It provides robots that carry food to tables.
- Music Cow = It is a music copyright sharing platform. Under the Capital Market Act, the corporation restructured its business and hit its stride in entering the US market.
- Haegin = It is a mobile game company founded by Com2uS co-founder. The company, which runs Homerun Clash and other games, reached unicorn status and has a KRW 1 trillion corporate value.
- Zigbang = It is a real estate platform with a corporate value of KRW 2.5 trillion. It promotes new businesses such as Smart Home by acquiring virtual office platform Soma and Samsung SDS IoT.
|Company||Investment (Unit:KRW 100 million)||Round|
|Bucket Place||2,300||Series D|
|Qraft Technologies||1,750||Series D|
|Green Labs||1,700||Series C|
|Megazone Cloud||1,300||Series C|
|VA Corporation||1,000||Series A|
|Bear Robotics||1,000||Series B|
|Parking Cloud||1,000||Series D|
|Music Cow||1,000||Series D|